Posted by Vogeler on October 31, 2008
I just realized that my last two posts have been kind of “rantish” (is that a word? If not, I claim it! Huzzah, I made up a word!), so I thought that I would also write a post about what I love about Christians and Christianity.
- People who give up a privileged life in the US to take the Name and Word of Christ to a land where they could be killed for loving Jesus.
- Pastors who work 50 hours a week at demanding secular jobs, have weekly prayer meetings, attend worship practice, and then preach a Spirit-Inspired message on Sunday, all for no pay because the fledgling church can’t afford it.
- People who cancel a vacation or put off purchasing something they’ve wanted for years to help rebuild homes in disaster areas.
- Pastors who cheerfully visit hospitals at 3 am to comfort frightened people.
- People who stand for what they believe, no matter who is around.
- People who are strong enough to say, “I was wrong” and ask for forgiveness and healing.
- Pastors who work a demanding secular job, have a new baby, but still pour their lives into young people every week.
- Church staff members that work extra hours to get the job done.
- Pastors who aren’t afraid to speak the Truth, even when it’s not popular.
- People who work demanding secular jobs but then go and volunteer for several hours at their local church and don’t write a word about it on their blogs.
- Pastors who have enough courage to admit that they’re human and ask for help.
- People who love to teach very young children about Jesus to lay a firm foundation.
- People who are willing to forgive those who hurt them.
- People that put God first, and it shows.
What are some of your favorite things about Christians and Christianity?