My legs hurt.
Posted by Vogeler on August 16, 2007
Last night, I ran for the first time in quite a while (years, maybe).
IT WAS GREAT!
See, I checked out runnersworld.com for tips for beginners, and they had several articles recommending a run/walk combo. Run for 1 minute, walk for two minutes, wash, rinse, repeat.
Keep it up for thirty minutes.
When I was done, I was tired, not exhausted. I felt great. I was covered in sweat, so I know I got a good workout (not to mention my legs are on fire today!!). The dog went with me, and she was about dead afterward. Poor fat, out-of-shape Lucy. 🙂
If you are out of shape, or just want to start running, I highly recommend giving this a try. A couple of things to remember:
- Check with your doctor first
- walk for 20 minutes for four days, then 30 minutes for the next four days before running
- give yourself time to rest on off days!
- check out the whole article: http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,ssss6-380-381–678-5-1X2X4X5X6-6,00.html
- Don’t sue me if you were dumb and injured yourself.